Essential Tips on Taking Care of Kitchen Glassware
When it comes to glassware, you need to give it the right attention and care to make them last a lifetime. Sparkling glassware will make your food and drinks represented the best way. You can buy glassware items in variety stores nearby.
On the other hand, unwashed and unkempt glassware can retain toxins and emit weird odors that can affect the quality of your food and drinks. Not to mention dirty glassware is a major turn off especially among guests.
Taking care of your kitchen glassware is a must not only to make them look shiny and sparkling but also to extend its lifespan. Also, not to affect the taste of your food and drinks. Here are important things you need to know about glassware and how you can take care of them.
Types of glassware
First of all, glassware has three major categories: Pyrex, soda glass, and crystal. Pyrex and soda glass are generally cheaper than crystal-made glassware and can be replaced anytime without shelling out a huge amount of money.
Crystal glassware, on the other hand, is considered a luxury product that is more expensive. Unlike Pyrex and soda glass, crystal glassware is more delicate and requires hand care to maintain brilliance and clarity.
Glassware care tips
It is important to note that there are such things as a thermal and mechanical shock. The former refers to the sudden change in temperature which can weaken the structure of the material. All glassware can tolerate temperature changes, but repeated exposure can damage the glassware. The same with mechanical shock – the more the glassware is constantly exposed to impact, it can lead to breakage.
Crystal glassware care
Here are tips on taking care of crystal glassware.
- Avoid carrying crystal glassware with one hand. Make sure to use one hand to carry the item and another hand for support.
- If you are wearing jewelry such as rings or bracelets, remove them first to prevent scratching the glassware’s surface.
- Use warm soapy water when hand-washing crystal glassware. Use mild detergent and avoid using abrasive and any rough cleaning materials as possible.
- Dry the crystal glassware using a lint-free towel or a tightly woven towel. Make sure not to leave water spots as it can cause permanent marks on the glass material.
Pyrex and soda glassware care tips
Here are tips on caring for Pyrex and soda glasses.
- Let glassware subjected to heat cool down first before immersing in hot water, and vice versa.
- Fill up a little bit of room-temperature water onto the glass before adding ice cubes to allow the glass material to adjust to the ice cube’s temperature and prevent cracks and other potential damage.
- When using a dishwasher, make sure to stack them well apart to prevent potential cracks and chips due to the water force and the equipment vibration.
- Wash glassware immediately after use to prevent staining and to keep them shiny and looking like brand-new
You can buy quality glassware from a trusted variety store in Franklin TN. Gift ideas, personal and home items… they have it! Contact one today!